- Delivers, end to end, the architecture, design, codes, tests and documents of Large and/or complex programs.
- Drive technical innovation and engineering excellence using state of the art technologies available (N-Tier, Micro- service based architecture principles, Integration patterns etc.)
- Build/Integrate massively scalable and flexible systems and also build a world-class engineering team.
- Architect Complex development project with infra sizing flexible scaling and DC/ DR planning.
- Analyse existing systems to ensure security and efficacy.
- Recommend improvement or alternative technologies to better meet business needs.
- On a day to day, you will conduct architectural/technical reviews with one or more teams and brainstorm on methods to solve technical challenges.
- You will proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions, perform functional and code reviews in related areas within and across product engineering team.
- Prioritize and balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision.
- Establish and maintain a great rapport with distributed development teams, Product Owners, QA, and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration.
- Provide technical leadership to choose the best technologies, components, and architectures for next-generation platforms.
- Manage Technical bridges and /or business brides, as required, uses knowledge of support to minimize MTTR (Mean time to recover)
- Problem management – Support and drive detailed root cause analysis of production issues P1 – P4 and work with the Team to address remediation.
- Manage the provision of a range of administrative, information management, technical and general support services and activities ensuring business requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Manage the consistent use of agreed tools and methods to address and resolve user identified problems in line with service level agreements.
- Define and monitor compliance with processes for the set-up and installation of hardware, software, applications, peripherals, and other systems to agreed service levels
- Provide operational and management reporting against performance metrics to highlight areas where applications development, vendor relationship management or strategic infrastructure modifications are required for enhancing business performance and efficiency – or improvements can be made
- Provide review, feedback and quality assurance for all work carried out by the technical support team and follow through to the development and continuous improvement of process or relevant frameworks
- Manage escalations and bottlenecks in processes both internally and with 3rd party vendor partners, ensuring investigation and resolution of incidents in a timely manner, coordination of knowledgebase documents to improve business self-service and technical support team performance.
- Be a thought leader and mentor the engineering team on technical, architectural, design and other related issues.
- Attract, recruit, and retain high quality and diverse engineering talent.
- Accountable for all aspects of technology tools and architecture and work closely with Product Owners, Program Management, Service Engineering Teams and vendors.
- Portfolio delivery. Accountable for the technical feasibility, guidance, gaps and training needs, tool selection, automation as per requirement and deliver optimal solution as per scope, schedule, quality and budget of the portfolio
- Works with the Organization Managers in making sure resources get properly aligned as per technical skills to deliver our Key Prioritized Projects.
- Influences across the technical processes on program decisions within the Portfolio. Develops and maintains specialist knowledge on technical concepts, object and data modelling techniques, design principles and a detailed knowledge of distributed/ multi-layered architectures, software and facilities.
- Develops implementation plans for dealing with more complex requests for change, evaluates risks to integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations, seeks authority for those activities, reviews the effectiveness of change implementation, and suggests improvement to Organizational procedures governing change management.
- Implement a clearly defined and transparent schedule of commitments and metrics to consistently meet the implementation goals
- Fosters a climate that supports relationship building and collaboration at all levels throughout the business, which results in improved alignment and Innovation.
- Actively uses opportunities for partnering across the business groups and field subsidiaries, which results in improved coordination and alignment and the adoption of best practices.
- 15+ years of relevant experience - B. Tech in computer science from the renowned university or equivalent experience. - 10+ years of strong software design/development experience in building massively large-scale distributed internet systems and products. - 10+ years of hands-on experience in advanced Java/J2EE, Spring, backend and front-end technologies, Angular or ReactJS, Scala, Python, or any other languages - 3 to 5 years of experience in building low latency platforms. - 5+ years of experience in the data structure, data transformations, and fundamental algorithms. - 5+ years of experience and knowledge of open-source tools; frameworks, broader cutting-edge technologies. - 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, NoSQL (Dynamo, Cassandra, HBase, etc), Spark, or other distributed computing technologies. - Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills. - Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace. - Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in a fluid environment. - Advance general management competences including analytical problem solving, customer focused innovation, passion for quality, project management, strategic insight and technical excellence. - Required leadership qualities include excellent communication skills and strong cross-group collaboration, in particular the ability to agree ambitious performance goals with internal clients and to agree performance expectations with supporting functions. - People management qualities must include excellent team building and motivation, performance management and employee development including demonstrable leadership development for a large organization including several senior level direct reports. Knowledge of blockchain and cloud infrastructure domain will be an added advantage.
|15 - 18 years